Thanks for that thoughtful post Sweelinck.

If I can sort out the recording, yes I'll publish some on my Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/dr-icy). But I'm having trouble getting rid of noise on low frequencies, maybe I should try the guitar-in setting rather than line-in on my 8 track. I'm sketchy on recording cos I haven't done it for 19 years.

Yes, playing with the modular reminds me of playing with real people. Before getting the DFAM the last music I did was an improvising band, but I was singing with them. I loved that. One of my friends is a super violinist and it was such joy playing with them. One of her mates has played with Joshua Bell.

Modular reminds me of when I first got a sampler nearly 30 years ago - an Akai SO1, baby Akai. It cost me two months' wages. I loved it, recorded with it and a cassette four track, just playing the buttons on the front. Maximum 15.6 seconds total sample time but 8 voice multi timbral in 1992! Never knew what new sounds might be found lurking in a messed up sample.

I intended to just get a few modules to support the DFAM and Delaydelus 2 which I bought, but I just went crazy for it and spent my savings on 9U of 84 HP. I don't regret it, it's what I was saving for really. I saw an Octocontroller for sale and had a look and thought yeah, I can go for this!