Hello fellow Wigglers! this is my first post, please be gentle :)

I recently ordered an Elektron Digitakt and it'll be a great standalone device but I would love to incorporate it into my current rig.
Youtube has already given me good options like the Mutant Brain, Hermod, Polyend Poly, and the Expert Sleepers FH-2. The CV OCD was also another option but i would prefer to keep everything contained in my eurorack. If anyone has ever had any experience in this situation i would deeply appreciate some sage advice. I definitely would like to future proof and have some versatility with whatever module i do end up going with!

The Mutant Brain seems optimal in terms of price and size and the favorite of the bunch from what I've seen and read but I'm a little intimated by the mutant brain surgery set up. My personal preference is the Hermod although i might be distracted by all the bells and whistles it has among the midi to CV capability not to mention a lot of menu diving.

My current set up:
- Main voice and sequencing is Intellijel Atlantis/Metropolis ( tasty tones, sh101 is one of my favs)
- Drums are a couple tiptop audio 808 modules and peaks in bass drum mode with a 4MS RCD tiggering
- Mutable Intruments Clouds with parasite firmware for FX (and music concrete magic)
- Make Noise Brains and pressure points transposing metropolis or triggering other things
- Bastl ABC and MI Veils as my mixer and vca
- Intellijel uJack sending out to my interface or headphones
I know I'm missing some plumbing and other useful modules but i have minimal space in my 84hp Doepfer rack.

My main goal was to have a eurorack able to handle late night acid jams and more experimental soundscapes and its certainly capable of both but with the addition of the Digitakt I'll be able to free up space (i.e, get rid of the drum section) for the midi to cv module and other versatile options!

Sorry for the long post! thank you for taking the time to read this and for your input!

• Keep on racking in the free world