Hi all,
I'm finally taking the dive into eurorack. I have Nord G1 + G2, 0-coast and other CV friendly bits n bobs plus reaktor and some PD experience so I have a basic understanding of what I'm getting myself into :)
Long term, I'm planning something like a Mantis rack - that kinda size, for a hybrid studio setup, but in the shorter term I have got myself a Pittsburgh SV-1 and KB-1 combo that I'd like to have as a little closed system that I can either use with my larger studio or take in the garden for portable jams. Other than the case (which will be a Lifeforms Research Console Case unless anyone has any better suggestions for powered 2x48hp?).
I'm not interested in putting them in a bigger case - this system will just be my first dipping my toe into eurorack type deal, the bigger Mantis rack will probably be MI based.
I'm currently getting into VCV to learn the basics for my bigger rack so I'm in no rush to start buying the Mantis and the modules.

However, to get to the point, the Lifeforms case leaves me with 6hp to play with. Most examples of this Pittsburgh SV-1/KB-1 seems to use just a blank panel. I would like to maximise the usability of this combo. My thoughts at the moment are to go with a ADSRVCA https://www.modulargrid.net/e/steady-state-fate-adsrvca which seems to be the only VCA/env combo that I can fit.
My logic being I could use both VCOs on the SV-1 completely separately in terms of env/gate/pitch. So KB-1 main sequencer or keyb could drive VCO1 and the 4 state mini sequencer could do VCO2. Or I could use the duophonic mode? And if I didn't want to do that I could use it for VCF modulation or something (as the SV-1 just has the one envelope).
Am I correct in this thinking? Would this work? Or is there a more useful module to put in?
Bear in mind, I do have 0-coast and other bits to use if I want but I wanted it to work nicely on it's own (well with a fx pedal).
In terms of the music style, experimental/ambient/glitchy/classic electronics - pretty open really so the more versatile the better.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_965868.jpg