Thread: Motherload 2

yeah man a couple months ago I was in the same position you were in. took me months to get my head around the powering part.

as for the module, I'd say its pretty good. you have everything you need since you would be able to patch a function from the Mother-32 to any of the other modules. for the roland effect module, if you run your synth through a DAW (like me), you can add digital VST effects (saves $). but if you dont than you can keep it.

only thing I would get differently is the case. get a bigger case than you need. this is because if you ever want to add something new, you won't have room. Meaning the only way to get that new module would to buy another case with another power supply and blah blah. i would get that 3 tier mother-32 rack, just to stay on the safe side.

FYI very important: i noticed you don't have a Output module. this is important because without it, you have no way to connect your synth to an amplifier (the thing that connects to your studio monitors/speakers). the output module I use (and think is fuckin rockin) is the Pittburg OUTS Mk II https://www.modulargrid.net/e/pittsburgh-modular-outs-mk-ii

P.S.: if you dont have an amplifier (like the Scarlett 2i2) connecting to speakers, your synth will basically be a box with knobs.

now, if you were like me, you might be completly lost into getting sound to actually come out of your synth. if you need a complete run down on setting it up, I can tell you. it isnt complicated.

im headin to bed, its 2 AM where im at. ill respond in the mornin.

also, if you need reference to anything, here's my current rack ModularGrid Rack

hobbies include VSTi creation, sound design, 3-D design, photoshop, eurorack, and music production.