Jopair,
Thanks again for your insight! AS for the filters, I determined that it would suit me best to decide on a filter or two to add once I can get to my local synth shop and get some hands on eartime with them. I did find a couple videos of the Dual Dagger that were compelling, and the Atas I already knew I was fond of. So I think Im going to hold off until I can more specifically determine what I need to sculpt the sounds that I'm looking for.

MIDI isn't all that bad, just kind of tedious.
That said, if you have a more specific question about connection issues. Throw it out and someone will probably have 'an' answer.

I havent used MIDI since about 1985 and back then I just thought it was lacking/clumsy and the gear I had back then didn't warrant heavy use of it. Now days, I figure that once I get all my new gear and start setting it up, my questions will be able to be much more specific if I run into any issues.

I tend to not do drums in modular. I just couldn't find any great combination or reason to justify essentially doubling the footprint.

That was my exact original take when I first started looking into it.
I've been working on tweaking this rack before I pull the trigger and think I may have come up with a happy medium now with everyones help/suggestions. (I'll share it once I think I have it all worked out)

I like Data Bender.
-- Jopair

I do also, it seemed like one of their best modules. Though as much as I like it, I didnt think it would fit well with the sort of music I was looking to make. But later down the road, I have a feeling I might end up with one.