All jokes aside, I’d love to have feedback from senior modular producers and performers. I’ve been producing with DAWs mostly and recently committed to modular after getting hooked on the OXI One and learning about its CV modulation features.

I’ve always wanted to build a live set that relies on ad hoc creation of sequences, focusing on the more “generative” side of techno. The OXI One helps me do that, and I’ve built a setup with an Analog Rytm for the drums, a Syntakt, and an Analog Four for other sounds like textures, drones, pads, and leads. It all routes to an Octatrack (yes, big Elektron fanboy), which I use mainly for master effects. Initially, I thought about using the Octatrack’s looping feature but haven’t needed it (yet).

Now that I’ve caught the modular bug, I’m moving many of my Elektron duties to my rack and wouldn’t be surprised if I eventually ditch most of my Elektron gear in this setup. I recently started using a DAW again with the ES-9. The Analog Four got replaced by a BIA and Coral, and I’ve significantly reduced the number of voices coming from the Syntakt. I still love it, but the sounds I’m getting from the BIA are incredible and the patching is too much fun currently. The mix is now done in the DAW so I got rid of the Octa too. Surely saved a lot of space.

What do you think of this rack? I’ve already own the BIA, Coral, Ghost, ES-9, and an attenuator. I plan to use this rack to generate loops on the fly while also using the OXI One to send gate and pitch for certain voices (and maybe swap between auto generated stuff and user generated). Since it's quite voice heavy, I might drop the Bassline and replace it with a pair of Clep Diaz's or such.

Ultimately, it should be performative, allowing me to create cool sounds through trial and error while minimizing menu diving.

ModularGrid Rack

p.s. Disregard the bottom row for now. At some point, I might also move drum duty from the Rytm to the rack but I love the Rytm for that. The sound from the Battering Ram did surprise me last time I played with it in my friends studio.

Appreciate the effort and thanks for reading :)