Thread: 84HP Rack

I'd start with a bigger case - there is no room here to expand into - & you will almost definitely need that - get a tiptop mantis - best bang for buck (hp/cost/decent power/manufacturer reputation) and save yourself some cash in the long run - buying 2 small cases is a lot more expensive than a single mantis!

I'd also seriously consider a pachinko (mutable marbles clone) over the Turing Machine - it's similar to having 3 turing machines in a single module + random + 3 gates - which are all very handy + it has an internal clock - which iirc tm doesn't - so stops you using up one of the EoR/EoC trigger outs from maths as a clock

I'd generally agree with dubstepjoris about mutable instruments modules - when you could still buy them easily - buy the real thing (so Emilie gets paid), but now that they are almost impossible to buy new then clones are almost all that's available - there may be a few Plaits in the wild - so buy one if you can - same for veils over the uVCA - you will almost definitely need more than 2 vcas!!!

There are also manufacturers that make full size Mutable clones - personally I would go for these - as the ergonomics of mutable instruments modules are near perfect

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities