Hi and welcome

if you have a BSP for sequencing I would not start with the nifty or any other case that has any built in midi-cv conversion - you do not need it

I would get either the mantis (if you can find one) or the doepfer lc9 instead - these are better value for money

I think the module choice (especially with the BSP) is a good start I would swap out the disting for the newer version and the pico dsp for a fx aid xl (similar but more varied and with better ergonomics and more modulation inputs)

you could consider dropping batumi and possibly Pams even, at least, to start with - you have enough with the Maths I think to start

I'd go for veils over the intellijel quad vca, but that's mostly taste

I'd add mutable instruments links and kinks and something like shades (there are a lot of similar modules) as they are incredibly helpful in patching and to grab a few stackcables or headphone splitters to use as passive mults

if you are not going to fill the case in 1 go I would recommend using blind panels (cereal box card is fine) to stop unwanted metal objects (loose dangling cables for instance) shorting out the power etc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities