NP

I hear you!

but it's possible to "keep the budget down" whilst thinking longer term too... by buying modules slowly - 1 a month or less (after the first few) and buying a large enough case to begin with and sticking to it!!! - it's your journey - remember it does not have to be a race!

otherwise it can be a slippery slope:

I started out with a smaller case (144hp) and within 6 months had bought a second (mantis this time) case, because I didn't have enough space for Maths

If I had been able to buy a mantis as my first case I would have (they started shipping during those 6 months) - and I suspect very strongly I may have been able to stop when I'd filled it... mainly as I may never have discovered synth DIY or video synthesis* (see instagram.com/jimhowell1970 for examples!)

3 years on I have 5 cases (1200hp ish), almost full and a 6th case ready to be built (just need screws and bolts - but the DIY store is closed!)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities