Hey all,

Been playing at this modular game for a few years now, but I'm just a tinkerer. I started with a Pittsburgh Modular SV-1 and Keystep, and it's been downhill since. Do lots of DIY kits and modules to try to keep the price down, but this isn't a hobby to save money on!

I've been toying with the idea of minimal space/maximal usage, and I've built a small case to focus on that. Here is my current "portable case" to encourage me to focus on mastery of a few modules:

ModularGrid Rack

I own all these and quite enjoy playing this! I usually run the Ornament and Crime in Quantermain mode with the Turing Machine or Integer Sequencer modes to have some evolving melodies that play themselves. The Voltage Research Lab is ridiculously amazing and versatile, and I'm super happy to have that to give two oscillators, two function generators, two VCF/VCA/LPG, and an analogue delay. Both the Magneto and the Microcell do lots of great ambience inducing effects, and the multiDimension provides some great movement.

My question to you would be what sort of modifications would you make to the rack to extract more varied sound generation, or to extract more out of this limited space. Curious to see your thoughts!