My issues with the NerdSeq largely stem from my philosophy around modular. I prefer to treat my patches less as realization of a cohesive musical idea, but rather a meditative exploration that may or may not grow into something more. I hold on to the NerdSeq in hopes firmware updates, expanders, and creative patching solutions will offer new promise, but I do seriously wonder if I'd be happier with a Metron and a couple Volteras.
-- epsteinframe

I feel exactly the same. It is one of the most comprehensive modules out there. Continued updates have made it to the point it could work stand alone.

That being said, I continue to feel some issue with the philosophy. The interface and act of programming take a little getting used to having never used a tracker, but at this point, it feels incredibly natural and programming on the fly is where I have the most fun. I would highly recommend reading the manual to get and idea for what is capable of and if that's desirable to you.

I am curious if anyone has experimented with the any FSR tile as a way to record CV and Gate patterns.