I can only agree with all of this. First, to get the matter over with, if they bring AI to photography, I'm moving back to analog. Heck, that's what I did with music to a large extent already anyway!

Second, about the module purchases. I haven't even started building my large rack (planning 14U 168hp) yet, though I've asked one quote from a builder which wasn't bad. And I've already noticed the slowdown. My most recent oscillator is an Ensemble, which is quite something different. I see a few effects and small sequencers could be interesting, but they're not urgent. And indeed, utilities multiplying the possibilities. My most recent purchase is a Pico RND and a rotating clock divider - both are quite intriguing and just bring out more of what I already have. So instead of utilities being the base on which I build a system, it may actually be the other way round. Oscillators and effects are the base on which I can build stuff using utilities. I've gotten far more creativity out of PNW or Zadar than out of any sound source module so far. Best thing - it's frequently cheaper to buy utilities and cables than to buy those "hero" modules like sound sources, fancy filters or effects.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud