Thanks for spending the time to advise - it seems that even at this early stage I have not made the best choices as far as what I have purchased.

That's entirely normal and part of the exploration! Because that's what modular is. You don't buy a prefab instrument that goes "pling" when you pull a string or press a key. You buy a rack because you'll be adding modules as you explore the possibilities of synthesis.

The initail idea was to begin with 2 or 3 modules that would produce sounds that i could explore, have fun and expand on.
-- EuroBadger

Yeah, but as indicated above, 2-3 modules are very, very limited. It's like getting a small box of regular Lego blocks. Sure, you can build a little house with a basic roof. Roof tiles, wheels for a car, little men, ... All of those are extra purchases. Here too: Plaits is a very good starting point because of the built-in trigger. So learn it, then when you consider your next step (add a second sound at the same time? add drums? add an effect?), add modules. I started with I think just under 10 modules, just to get a few sounds going.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud