@catwavez/Lugia, I'll explain it to you. There are hundreds of modules I'm interested in. I won't be able to afford them all anytime soon, and there is a tremendous amount of cross-functionality between existing modules. I am an extremely visual and aesthetic person. This doesn't always equate to preferring the prettiest or "coolest" looking things, necessarily, but I like what I like. If it comes down to two dual filters that both perform well and do comparable things to my satisfaction, I'm going to choose the one I enjoy the aesthetics of more (unless I consider the price differential too unreasonable). Aesthetics can also overlap with functionality a bit. Recent threads I started on MI clone modules and Blue Lantern modules both received a number of comments from users dinging both for, at least in part, aesthetic reasons.

If I'm sitting and working with a module every day, then the way it looks, the way it feels, the way the knobs turn, etc. etc. -- they are subtle things that may not seem "important" to you, but I would argue it's all a part of the subjective user experience, and a part of the appeal of modular generally, at least for me. If you truly don't care about the aesthetic factor at all, why not just use Max8 and VCV and a DAW? It's way more efficient and way less expensive than populating a modular rack. Beyond that, while it's not my aesthetic of choice, I'd say that people buying up those candy-colored Dreadbox modules are doing so at least in part on the basis of enjoying the sort of cheesily, tongue-in-cheek, nostalgic aesthetic of them. Different strokes.

Thanks for the confidence vote on Dreadbox, though. It's not very specific, but I'm (honestly) happy to hear you enjoy their modules and feel they're a good value. Their modules are pretty affordable, but the very meh reviews/ratings and low cost had me wondering about them a bit, in terms of build quality, user experience, etc. As I said, there are some Dreadbox modules I am pretty interested in.