Nope, no ES-3. Just do a little scrounging. and you can beat the cost on that thing. FYI, this IS how you'd hook the ES-3 up as well...but we're going "cheap-n-dirty" here, getting much the same result for about 1/3rd the price.
-- Lugia

Ok thanks Lugia, maybe another silly question but, does that mean I would need a load of 1/4 to 1/8 cables? Also if I didn’t want to go down the “cheap-n-dirty” route, would an ES8 or ES3+6 do the job? Just trying to understand ALL the options :)
-- clivevass

Probably does mean that, yes. But then, I'd have to ask: if you're working with modular synths, why don't you have a pile of these cables already?

Now, as for the Expert Sleepers modules vs. a DC-coupled interface, well...they're the same thing, actually. In fact, with the ES-3, 8 and so on, the same lightpipe hookup method would apply. Where the difference is in in PRICE...

Just now, I did a swing through Reverb, looking at the MOTU 828s...first version and the mkii (like my own). The earliest 828 can do this, too...it's also DC-coupled. But where the several used MOTUs I saw were in a $100-150 range, the ES-3 mkiv streets at $239. And if you consider an ES-8, that's $475. And actually, the ES-8 is closer to what the MOTU interfaces offer, since the ES-3 is output-only, and both the ES-8 and MOTU method allow signals from the modular to be sent back into the DAW, and these could range from using your modular clock as the DAW's master to full-on stereo (or more) audio recording directly from the modular's outputs.