The thing about Intellijel's 1U is that it's not exactly the same dimension as everyone else's. They determined their tile measurement purely in the Eurorack domain, but everyone else went with the rack definition of what 1U was and put the rail spacing as something that fits in that span. As a result, everything can theoretically fit in a 'normal' 1U tile spacing, but you'd have to possibly 'nibble' the Intellijel mounting holes, whereas if you use the Intellijel spacing (smaller) you simply can't mount the 'normal' tiles in that space. Ultimately, the best thing to do is to keep them separate as differing standards until/unless someone comes out with an Intellijel adapter for the 'normal' tile spacing, if that's even possible.

As far as pingable LFO/envelope type things in tile format, PulpLogic's Cyclic Skew sort of fits that bill. You can't determine envelope lengths by pings (like the 4ms PEG), but you can either set the Cyclic Skew to trigger as a one-shot function generator or you can flip a switch and the attack/release becomes your waveshaping and timing when using the tile as an LFO. Potentially, adding some of Synisi's CVable clock modulation tiles with a few of these would allow some pretty complex function generation if you tandemmed the whole mess with a DC-coupled mixer like the Mix-B. Brings up a point, too: don't just look at basic modules as a 'it does this and nothing else' proposition; quite often I look at basic modules such as tiles as also being able to configure a 'meta-module' in a given space to either do something that might take up more space (or $$$) or just simply doesn't exist in that form. Clocking modules are always this sort of proposition for me...they're usually fairly basic in what each one does, but if I treat several of them as a more complex subsystem in tandem with (in this case) something else like logic and/or comparators, then I know I can head for some very weird rhythmic possibilties by treating the entire grouping as a 'thing' and not separate modules.