Okay. I think I get it. I'm going with this explanation, "I am trying to create a system and need to know what modules to add to this one I am making on modular grid in order to send audio into a Focusrite Clarett 8 pre audio interface which I have or buy a mixer with plenty of inputs which I don't have yet."

I took a look at the Clarett. Let's say you were interested in connecting only the Mother-32 so that it's audio can be recorded in Ableton. Then what you would do is connect the stereo output on the back of the M-32 to any two of the Clarett's 1/4" inputs. Let's say you chose the two on front. To do this you would need a 1/4" stereo to x2 1/4" mono y-cable or breakout cable. Or you could use a "breakout box" which provides these sorts of connections in a box instead of a cable (it's more flexible options wise). Set your levels and you're done!

Example 2 : let's say you want to instead use the rest of the modules you've specified in your case maybe with or without the M-32. Then you would need an output module such as the Make Noise Rosie or Erica Synths Black Output. The Black Output provides two 1/4" mono outputs which makes it super simple to patch into your Clarett using two mono 1/4" TS (tip-sleeve or mono) cables.

You could patch directly out from any module into the Clarett but the levels will likely be too high. Without a way to trim them, then you will be clipping your signal. You need a way to bring the signal strength of modular down to line level.

Now, you could get patch cables with built in resistors to trim the lines, but quality might suffer. Or! You might want roll your own and solder a resistor into a patch cable! That's always fun.

So, what is your opinion of the M-32 and Clarett Pre8?

abs