Thank you VERY much Jim,
I appreciate you taking the time detailing your answer to my questions.

No problrm...

Regarding utilities and your statement "it's possible you don't know what they are yet..."
You are absolutely correct on this one: I am looking at sequential switches, switches, logic etc...
It does make sense as I am well served with OSCs and modulation but your signature just stroke me (sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities :) Some of these utilities I understand and can see the need for them. Others remain a mistery but surely time will tell...

I think once you have a few sound sources, modulation sources and sound modifiers, utilities are the most cost effective way of getting more out of your modular... they exponentially increase the patching possibilities

I will most likely PM you (if that is ok by you) and ask some questions regarding others.

please feel free to do so...

Sorry for asking the stupid question about matrix mixers as I went and had a look on YT which clearly explained it :)

no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers...

The Doepfer one looks pretty good to me. If you have any suggestions, I will gladly read your post.

Thank you for your time, much appreciated.

Best,
Olivier
-- Loersatz

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities