Hey all! So I've recently become really interested in building my first Eurorack but I'm a complete beginner and I've been having some issues.
For a little background, I'm a classical musician doing a doctorate in classical guitar and I've been exploring the use of electronics within classical music.
I want to build a generative system that functions as a standalone chance based instrument that also offers the option to plug in my guitar to work with the system.
At first I wanted to use the Intellijel 62HP palette case but I'm not sure if this would offer enough space and I've been told that it might be best to get a bigger case and fill it up over time. (7u/104HP?)
I've been watching a ton of videos and trying to read as much as I can but there's still a few things that I'm questioning.

1. I'm not quite sure what modules to start with. I know I need an oscillator, modulation source, sequencer and a VCA so I was thinking of Plaits, Maths, Marbles, and Intellijel''s Quad VCA
  2. How would I be able to record into Ableton or perform live using a Focusrite 4i4?
  3. What are the best resources to get more comfortable with actually patching this rig?

Apologies if this is all really basic and/or a mess but any insight is greatly appreciated - thanks!