so which case are you looking at

I'd seriously consider keeping the doepfer, getting rid of the pitts and it replacing with a couple of mantises, it's what I would do if I were you knowing what I know - if I ever buy another case it will be another mantis - best combination of cost/hp/good power/reputable company/standard screws - so knurlies! or just going DIY - and building a 12u/104hp case - I use befaco excalibus power supplies for my DIY cases - which are not that p0werful, but are good power - you might need 3 for 12u/104hp depending on the power draw of your modules

Later this year I intend to replace both cases with a 12/14U 104hp case, I've been looking at the MDLR cases, but whichever route I go, I'd like to stay within roughly 416hp in total. so refinement would then involve selling modules I have to make space for others.

I'd like to reshuffle my case in the near future, but I keep going around in circles as to how I should move things around, I'm going to look at the ARP2600 later and see how feasible it is to align to that layout.

re utilities: take a look at my signature - it's a philosophy/concept for getting the most versatility for the least amount of money... not that I necessarily strictly follow it - or expect anyone else to, for that matter - but I do try to and I do hope that people take notice - because it does work - want more complex modulation - get a matrix mixer and some mults, want more sounds - get a new filter or a waveshaper or delay and parallel process the sound sources you already have... etc etc

-- JimHowell1970

Absolutely, I'm a fan of the suggested relationship between types, I'm more excited for utilities right now than I am for anything else, I've looked at your cases to try and find inspiration for what utilities I might be omitting - but I'm still not entirely clear what would add value, I feel like I might have a blind spot here?

Kinks offers rectification, but I've already got 3 S&H in the RND Step, and Plog can do some wave rectification, EAS looks great for more logic, but Plog is doing the basics for me and maybe I need to investigate that further as I'm still not getting a lot of use out of it right now.

Veils + Jumble Henge is doing most of my audio mixing, with some additional done in filters (Ripples, Morgasmatron) or 3xMIA. Shades, links, sumdif, 3xMIA and veils/2hp VCA are doing my modulation mixing.... but this is quite dispersed and I can see that a more focused mixing utility might be helpful.