Hey @Lugia - I know you know - but others such as @nickgreenberg & @Vow3ll didn't and neither do a lot of the newbies who are buying into the b-company products simply because they are so cheap - a lot of whom would probably not buy their products if they knew about who they were giving their money to - and there are other manufacturers who are making modules at similar price points, and of often better quality, but don't have the marketing budget that Music Tribe has , nor to a large extent do a lot of modular companies want

as I said they are making, in terms of circuitry, decent clones - they are just not going that one step further and actually making them fully eurorack compatible, which if they'd actually listened to eurorack users they could have done, as well as making the front panel furniture of comparable quality with other eurorack manufacturers and still make modules that were (almost as) incredibly cheap as they are doing because of the economies of scale that they can achieve - including getting components at lower price points due to manufacturing a lot of the components they are using themselves

yes he does seem to have shut up recently - I suspect the board of Music Tribe may have had a hand in this and good for them

but Uli shutting up after saying those things does not alter the fact that he said those things...

don't quite a few of the 100 series already exist in eurorack? - Tokyo Tape Music Center and Catalyst/Red Panel for example, ok they are much more expensive than either the b-company or the tiptop/buchla modules, but they are tiny companies in comparison, who can't afford to make huge runs of modules

don't get me wrong I think the availability of, especially, long out of production musical instruments at a low price is a good thing - I just think it's a shame that a company with such a poor reputation has done it... as you've repeatedly said korg deserve to suffer over the 2600... but so do the b-company over their practices...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities