the picture above does not match the link.... so which is it? I'm guessing the link as it's more mi

vaguely similar to what I started out with - I was mostly mutable and maths forced me out of my too small starter case! - but that was before the release of stages, plaits and marbles - iirc my first modules were veils, clouds, tides, peaks, rings and a rebel technology mix02 and some moogerfoogers and the cp251 (which I already had) and then I added a 2hp tm and tune

so why Turing Machine and not Marbles? - as you have multiple voices in both versions Marbles would seem more useful as it is basically 3 quantized turing machines in one module - otherwise you are stuck with the single interval - you could use stages as a sequencer and links can be used as a precision adder iirc - but you'd still need to quantize stages - alt firmware may have this feature, idk - or you could use 1/2 the disting - how were you planning on quantizing the turing machine?

I'm not convinced about the usage of things like teletype - personally I'd rather program a modular with knobs and patch cables, than by writing code and I think they are something that seems like a great idea at the time and then would not get used - pushing this out would also make space for marbles, another cascading vca or mixer (possibly shades or happy nerding - particularly for mixing modulation) and going for an original plaits instead of a clone - everything else mutable is mutable.. so this looks out of place to me! you might also be able to squeeze in an fx aid xl - which will cover your delay and a lot more - try to go xl if you can fit it in = not only is it more ergonomic, but you get a lot more modulation inputs - so much more useful!

I'd hold back on the bastl outs - if you are in the us or japan you will probably want balanced outs, if you are elsewhere the outputs from the xpan will probably work fine - if you need headphones then alm make a reasonably priced headphone module that is 2hp!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities