I'm going to be a bit of an ass here - and extend it to what are your favourite threads about modular synthesis

my favourite thread is - "i was wrong (still am)" on muffs, especially the first post!

reading it should be a requirement for buying a first case/modules

synopsis - I read the advice of experienced modular synthesists, I ignored the advice, I now realise I was wrong (and still am)

I like threads where people ask for advice and actually take it - decide which modules you want, decide which you need to support them, now pick case dependent on requirements - leaving space for expansion etc etc

I dislike newbie threads where they have already bought a beauty case and want to cram too much in

I dislike threads where newbies complain about the price of modules and cases, as if they are fast moving consumer goods - they aren't - they are niche products - if you want cheaper go for less expensive brands (Doepfer, ladik etc etc) and not trendy expensive ones! - and build your cases (not that it saves that much)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities