Hey there,
this rack is just audio, sequencing+CV is done elsewhere

I'm starting to move in the direction of multitracking my eurorack system, to then be mixed in Ableton. I think this makes the most sense for my setup, though I am not sure about the workflow side of things. I'd prefer to stay OTB but Ableton provides 1) so much more flexibility for mixing and mastering 2) reverb/ambience/effects I think makes a lot of sense ITB 3) sampling probably makes more sense ITB, but I like the vibe of sampling OTB. Well regardless - my setup will consist of 3-4 voices that will be sent to Ableton from Happy Nerding Isolator (or 2, as 4xmono outs) to my Apollo Interface.

I have been thinking that an ER 301 could be a really good addition to this setup because it adds sampling/granular stuff, can be a sort of final mix/master before hitting the computer, could also add in reverb and delay stuff, also as additional VCAs, plus all of the other good stuff in there. But then I start thinking that all of that could be done by skipping the ER 301 and using the computer... But that sounds like a lot less fun, though more clinical.

Sorry for the rant and not a very clear question. Would love to hear any thoughts on the rack, multitracking, ER301, or my specific situation. Just trying to flesh out the best workflow that allows me to have fun, make good music, and mix that music properly. Thanks a lot.