Ah, I see...it's a Frames clone. Well, yes, there's VCAs in it, but given the implementation, there's a lot more that it can do beyond just being a set of four VCAs. Quite a few users like it as a substitute (for now) for something like the ARP 2500 Mixsequencer, or for its morphing capabilities.

When I'm talking about VCAs, I'm talking about VCAs that have a minimum of bells 'n' whistles attached. In other words, something more akin to Mutable's Veils or the Intellijel equivalent, the Quad VCA. When you're using these as modifiers for CV and/or modulation levels, you don't want anything else going except for that one function. And you also need VCAs that function as single VCAs. Example: you only have the Plancks here...so let's say you need to impose an envelope on a modulation signal. Now, this won't have a sound to it, but there's definitely a signal there. But given that the Plancks CANNOT break out individual VCAs (or at least, not easily), you're using part of it to do audio, and part to do modulation, and this won't sound decent at all if you try and Mixsequence the output...because the "inaudible" modulation signal has to be part of the Plancks' "mix". This results in a "hole", audibly...but if you have DC-coupled outputs on your modular (which you just might have...Ladik's info says nothing about the outputs being isolated in any way) and pass DC to your amp. Then, if that's DC-coupled, on to your monitors...and then it's possible you'll get a result kinda like THIS:

Not good. So, yeah, while the Plancks can deal with audio just fine...that's not the only thing you need VCAs for.