Hi Lugia,

Of course, I go to test it (B 2600) at my local dealer first as well before buying it (if buying it).

You are totally right about testing it at your local dealer first. When I heard about ASM Hydrasynth I was wildly enthusiastic but when I finally tested it at my dealer, it wasn't that fantastic as I hoped for, hence I didn't bought it.

I must say, I had similar experience with the Argon 8, after testing it, I wasn't really impressed to be honest, even less impressed than I was about the ASM... I felt both disappointed me quite a bit. Let me see if I can find my test notes about Argon 8...

Yeah, I checked, generally not impressed by the building quality and user interface quality. The knobs I felt were too loose and the keyboard quality didn't impressed me either. Overall for that money I didn't feel it was worth it. I found one positive regarding the Argon8 though and that was the usage of the joystick, I liked to use the joystick of the Argon8. However for the overall value I decided it's not worth it for me to buy it.

But looks like you were pretty happy with it? What where the qualities that convinced you about the Argon8 that I perhaps overlooked?

Thank you and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads