this user has left ModularGrid

Hi @JimHowell1970,

Yes, I am having technical difficulties getting my Elektron Octatrack to work with the Doepfer A-190-4 MIDI to CV module and both Doepfer and Elektron technical help have not been able to help me resolve the issue. I connect the Elektron gear to the Doepfer MIDI CV A-190-4 Module which by the way is the most obtuse user interface ever! and then no dice. I patch the CV1 on the Doepfer A190-4 to 1v/oct on the VCO and even setup MIDI channels and clock on the Elektron Octatrack and no luck. I have similar issue with CV to the Doepfer on the Elektron Analog 4 via CV outputs. Plus I read from the Malekko Quad Envelope manual that it needs clock and an extra bonus is that if you have the Malekko Varigate 4+ or 8+ on same modular bus power board, you can clock the Malekko Quad Envelope and create dozens of presets! Very cool!

So here are my thoughts moving forward:

Option #1:
Keep the Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy the Malekko Varigate 4+ sequencer and a small 1-2HP utility module

Option #2:
Keep Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy ALM Pamela's New Workout module that has clock, sequencer, quantizer and utility small 1-2HP module

Option #3:
Keep Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy Expert Sleepers Disting EX when it comes out and small 1-2 HP module

Option #4:
Keep Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy other modules?

Thoughts?
Getting Elektron gear to work with modular is a pain so far or I am just stupid lol. I probably will return or keep the Intellijel Mixup module as I don't really need another audio mixer as I have the Doepfer mixer, Doepfer DVCA,and Intellijel Quad VCA modules.

Incredible that I managed to fill up my first row of 84HP so quickly but it is fun addiction. Need to save for larger case and more modules. But will focus on using this setup for next 1-2 years.