Welcome. It looks like you are off to a good start, and VCAs will always be useful. Will you be doing all of your gate and CV sequencing from your DAW or Rene? If not, you may want to look into something like Malekko's Voltage Block for CV or ALM's Pamela's New Workout. I was hesitant to get PNW because I don't enjoy menu diving very much, but the menu system is really shallow and easy to navigate. It was a really valuable addition to my beginner system. Check out DivKid's YouTube video to see everything it can do. You may also find a small multi-effect unit valuable for reverbs/delays/etc. I see a lot of folks recommending the Expert Sleepers Disting Mk4 as an important multi-use effect and modulation source for small systems, but the menu diving on that has kept me away for now.
I'm pretty impressed with the Noise Engineering oscillators for industrial stuff. A lot of people really like their Basimilus Iteritas Alter and Manis Iteritas for industrial drums. The Loquelic Iteritas and Cursus Iteritas are really cool too.
I'm new to this too, so I'm still wrapping my head around good utility modules. Maybe the other folks here can comment on that. Like you, I was initially fascinated by the Mutable and Make Noise approach but I'm learning a ton every day. What I do know is that modulating your modulation sources is pretty fun, so something like a XAOC Devices Batumi may come in handy alongside your Stages (though PNW can handle a lot of LFO duties if you want).
Have fun and good luck.