I've been involved with synths and electronic music since around 1990. I'm basically new to modular but not new to the game. From my own personal experience, the one thing I would recommend that you do is to PLAY and PRACTICE. The notion that you're going to jump right in and make something "good" is kind of laughable (personal experience).

I come home from work every other day and create scenarios for myself to patch up. The goal is to become more familiar with my OWN modules and explore features that I might ignore because of habitual patching rather than exploration.

I stopped buying modules for the most part... not because I can't find a use for them but because A) I have no more room in my current case. B) Buying more modules means adding to the stack I'm currently learning.

By learning, I'm not speaking of making basic connections. I'm speaking of using those connections in a way that I personally find musical and expressive.

At this point, I'm not looking to incorporate any of my patches into a song or project. If I hit on anything that's interesting, I might record it into a DAW for later manipulation. But I don't put myself under any pressure to get any value out of my Eurorack at this stage. I keep the humble mentality that I'm learning. I'm making mistakes but fumbling towards a greater understanding.

The other takeaway is that Eurorack play gives me a fresh perspective WITH my DAW. I look at modulation very differently inside the DAW now.

That's my $0.02 to add to Luigi's $10 post. Everyone's journey is different so take it all with a grain of salt... a little lime... and a healthy pour of tequila.