Much more scrunching:
ModularGrid Rack
This is a little more like it. Notice that this comes in at a hair under $10k, where your original build was $17k+. Two harmonic oscillators, two complex oscillators, both the Fumana and Koma mixer. Ample modulation sources of the right sort, four LPGs with four matched EGs. Clocking and sequencing are a lot more complex, plus the Serge TKB clone was added as a pretty much 1:1 replacement for the similar Buchla touchplate sequential controller. Signal input with envelope follower and, yes, quad outputs. One note, though: the fixed filter bank in the top row could be subbed out for a multimode VCF of the right size; I felt, however, that since West Coast is about waveshaping and since the Instruos have wavefolders onboard already, some sort of fixed equalization-type filter was more in line with the timbral alteration idea.

While it's not exactly Buchla appearance-wise, believe me, this is in the right ballpark without spending an arm and a leg. Cases, btw, are a pair of Erica 126 hp powered cases, optimally housed in one of their dual case end-panel sets. Very ample power supplies in these, so the draw I came up with is nowhere close to their limits.