Hey, Do0mal. Sorry. You're right. Techno. My bad

So, question: what do you think of the Mother-32?

I've been doing this for a little over a year now. What I'm learning is that a system can always be changing and there may never be a perfect setup. That said I run my synth directly into a Presonus usb interface and then into either Reaper, Studio One, or Logic. Actually, my perferred order is Studio One then Reaper then Logic way down the line. I also run my synth into my DSI Pro-2 keyboard or I run the keyboard into the synth. Either way audio out is somewhere and that goes into the usb audio interface. Or a mixer.

Hmm. I feel maybe I'm still missing the point of your question. Come to think of it, what are you using for audio output? I don't think I see an output module. The Mother-32 has a 1/4" audio jack on the back side when mounted in Moog's case, but if you have it rack mounted, then you have lost the audio output (?). I use Make Noise Rosie and Erica Synth's Black Output module which I prefer now because it's a three channel mixer and provides L and R channels that go directly to studio monitors or usb interface or mixer.

So, one last thing I think of: Erica Synths musician on hand, Kodek, is pretty into techno. There are some great videos of him using their Pico system for some pretty amazing stuff. Perhaps you might get some ideas by watching? Just a thought.

Right now I'm in the process of redesigning my system of 50+ modules and rethinking enclosures. I'm getting to the point in my understanding of modular synthesis and sound and CV that logic modules are becoming necessary. When I started I was overwhelmed with half a dozen modules and no understanding of CV. Looking back I could have started with just an oscillator, a VCA, and MATHS or Function (I like them both), and an output module. What is waaaay more important is knowledge of how to use those few modules well. That knowledge I was lacking and it would have made a huge difference.

abs