Hey 👋

I've been playing with the rack for some days now and I thought I could share some feedback!

First having everything under hand really helped me see how much the improvements that you proposed made a lot of sense. The 1U tiles were such an important addition, the stereo effect is just perfect and I've had a LOT of fun with audio feedback pretty much everywhere in the signal flow. The mults are much more useful than I would have thought. More importantly, each time I felt like I missed something in my patch, I realised that it was offered in your original build (eg. I miss the Noise Tools a bit more than I would have thought) or the module was on its way (O_C is arriving in 2 days!).

So, I thought it was time to work on the second iteration with the idea of ditching the JF and the RE for smaller modules. But I soon realised that there was an issue with the build: the Palette cannot power more than 12 modules simultaneously. The original build included 13 modules (14 if you count the 2HP loop that I decided to keep). So now, the question is not so much about space but number of modules.

To mitigate the issue, my first idea was to find a passive attenuator to replace the Duatt. I found the Attenumixer from Zlob that has 4 inputs and a sum output. This just left me enough room to replace the Duatt and the Mosaic Clock with the Noise Tools.

This left me with the possibility of replacing the 18HP Resonant Equalizer with 2 modules (14HP) and the Attenumixer. I haven't decided how to replace it exactly as its internal circuit + its second input allow for so much control over feedback. But what I'm missing the most should help a lot:
- probably a second VCO
- a LP filter
- some feedback control

From this, I sketched the second step of my modular backpack journey:

ModularGrid Rack

I added a second Mangrove as VCO but a lot of other VCOs would work here. The second module would a a Sclpl, the C4rbn or even maybe the Tanh[3] from Instruo (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/instruo-tanh-3)

Anyway, I hope this will help some of you readers on your own path 👋