Actually, I think the 4ms 64X is a rather poor choice here, given that only a couple more inches 'vertically' gets you an Intellijel Palette 62. Sure, 2 hp shorter, but you also get 62 hp of tiles AND the utility bar with two buffered mults, USB MIDI I/O, and your 1/4" audio outs.

Plus, this fixes one of Ronin's questions. The tile row has the ability to house Intellijel's Stereo Out tile (which directly connects to those 1/4" jacks). And as for his second, instead of the Serge version of this sort of thing, have a look at WMD's SCLPL. Also a resonant EQ albeit more limited in bands than the Serge, it DOES feature this "morph between settings" capability. Sequencer friendly, to be sure...and VERY capable while occupying 450% LESS space!

I'll bang on this when I get a little more nicotine in my system...just started this cigar, and the "brain food" hasn't kicked in yet!

EDIT: OK, here we go....
ModularGrid Rack
First up, this is in the 62 hp Palette, as mentioned above. The utility module gives you a pair of buffered mults and your 1/4" outs, plus the potential to add one of Intellijel's MIDI interfaces later on. I omitted that here because your description of the rig is less something MIDI-controlled and much more of a portable, manual tweakfest. And of course, your power connection is here.

TILES: First up, there the Intellijel Noise Tools gives you a master clock, sample and hold, noise source, and slew gen. Then there's your other VCO which can also be switched to LFO mode. After this, I put in another two VCAs which can be used in stereo. Then last in line is the Stereo Output Mixer, which can sum down two stereo paths to a single output. This connects directly to the 1/4" jacks on the utility bar, but you also have a direct stereo out so that you can take that summed stereo signal and mess with it elsewhere in the build.

MODULES: OK...the O&c is still there, but the little screened thing next to it is a multichannel sequencer, with five gate/trigs and one CV/gate channel with quantizing. The Paratek CV Peaks is an upgraded variation on Mutable's Peaks, albeit with full CV control over the stages in both EG channels. Your Mangrove is after that, followed by a Happy Nerding 3X VCA for controlling all three of the VCO levels pre-VCF.

And as for that VCF...I went with something like the Just Friends, but even crazier! The Limaflo Motomouth is a digital VCF that's also capable of operating as a formant filter; you can see the dial with the IPA phonetics vowel annotation in the middle left. So if you want a normal VCF, you've got that...along with the formant-based filtering the larger Mannequins module does. But the Just Friends doesn't have a morph control to shift from one vowel to the next, while this thing CAN do that. The C4RBN is also there if you need "conventional" filtering.

Then there's the FX module, where I opted for Frequency Central's Stasis Leak, giving you a choice of stereo reverb, tap delay, or chorusing. This also takes your mono "voice" signal and stereoizes it so it's ready for the WMD SCLPL...which is where that Stereo Output Mixer comes in. By having that in the tiles, you can use an out from the Stasis Leak AND from the SCLPL and then use that dual VCA to let one fade in/out against the other. And as for the SCLPL, no, it's not as complex as the Resonant EQ...really, it's more like a single resonant EQ band, albeit with a set of user-definable presets which can be morphed between, resulting in something even more filter-like and bonkers than the Serge clone. Hooking that preset "stepper" to a t/g channel from the Godfried will then result in sequenced TIMBRAL mayhem!

But yeah...this is what I was talking about above. Building these little portable systems is NOT easy...I actually revised bits of this several times for the optimal results...but by getting more functional density, adding some additional capabilities, and having that tile row, you wind up with a similarly-sized but WAY more powerful result!

Now, one notable omission here is the looper. It simply would NOT fit, and I wasn't going to stick you with that 2hp one because that's simply trying to cram too much behind 2 hp of panel space. But my idea here is that you actually might benefit more from a outboard looper for maximum sonic mayhem. Plus, the size works if you're going to jam it, the skiff, and the necessary power bricks, patch cables, and such into a nice gigbag (such as this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SubPhattyBag--moog-sub-phatty-gig-bag). And for that, I suggest the similarly-sized Boss RC-202, which gives you dual loop engines, onboard processing, live dub/delete, a "post-processing" headphone preamp, and a bunch of other stuff. Harness THIS (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RC202--boss-rc-202-loop-station) to the build above, and you've got a rig that fits in that gigbag for maximum mobility. All DC-powered, too...so if you wind up in some odd place with odd voltages, you can at least try looking for a suitable pair of wallwarts at some bigbox.