@Lugia

voltage is 0-1v in lzx ecosystem - and it's just electricity - above or below will clip, so no damage, but maybe not as expected - saying that I do it all the time!

what you do have to pay attention to a bit is frequency - goes up to multiple MHz... so if for example the 'audio' module has slow op amps, you can get smearing - although layering the smearing and blending can be quite nice

I've tried running video through most things in the rack!

for examples see instagram - #lzxveurorack - where I post examples of 'audio' modules being feed video signals - and check out my feed too if you like (same user name)

iirc most if not all the passive mults I have are normalised like those seismic industries ones - to a greater or lesser extent

do you have a tv in your studio? most seem to like crts (if you can find one with component in jump on it) but I use lcds - a different 'vibe' but looks great to me (all my instagram footage is lcd filmed on an iPhone - hence the crappy audio!)

if the answer to the tv question is yes - then look out for the chromagnon videos when they come out - maybe time to jump on the pre-order then as they will undoubtedly go up in price - that'll be one of the best starting points for video synthesis for the next few years at least - and can be used standalone or racked (yes, yes I know, racked = expensive case) - or go digital with hypno or structure - I like the analog much better than digital to be honest

another option would be to get something like lumen if you have a mac (Windoze version is on it's way but might be years) and connect that via cv-> midi for modular control

anyway - anytime you want to chat/ask questions - you know how to find me!!!

cheers

Jim

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities