this user has left ModularGrid

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah the Stillson Hammer is super easy to use and very playable for live on the fly performances. It has ratcheting, multiple random, ping pong, forward and reverse modes with 4 CV outs and 4 gate outs. Plus lots of quantizer scale options even. It has a very basic screen not as fancy as the Vector but I got it for a good price.

It works great for acid bass lines and random CV type stuff. Hopefully my new Metron arrives tonite if the UPS driver does not mess up the delivery. I have the Voltera and Axxent expanders to give me 4 CV outs and accent for percussion. I like that I can chain a bunch of Voltera expanders up to 16 for huge sequencing options. Since the Stillson Hammer has the random, reverse modes that fits the gap that Metron lacks but metron has probability and other modes that I look forward to using. I also have an Eloquencer on the way which gives me 8 gates and 8 cv outs for my monster case and tons of modes like random and forward/reverse. Maybe in few years when I have a much larger modular setup, I get a Vector sequencer with expander and maybe Black Sequencer or Ground control.