Hi Garymon,

I'm also doing the "groove box" thing, but with some non-modular assistance. You can do a lot with not very much. 6u should be enough for anyone, eh? For example if you listen to the first minute of :

https://the-erc.bandcamp.com/track/2020-06-28

Except the hihats, every sound is BIA, with a bunch of modulation, and some outboard delay. The sequencer and modulation source is Pam's New Workout. This is my rack, though at the time I didn't have Font. (The bass that comes in after 30s is a DFAM.)

Nice track!
That's one of the the things I am still getting used to. I was watching a video for, I think, the WMD Crater and they were using the trigger CV for the bass drum and then pitch cv for a bass line. No need for individual modules.

I have basically decided that what I need to take this setup forward is a Beatstep Pro to make it more playable. It can do more than most Euro sequencers in the x0x style at a much lower price, and the buttons are nice and big :) Pam can do Euclidean rhythms and random pitch/mod sequences when those are needed.

I've noticed those seem quite popular. Seem to offer a lot of utility.

Anyway, coming back to your rack, it looks super fun. The only thing that looks off is you've only got one "normal" oscillator for the Percall to chew on; I feel like you want another to justify its hp. By count you have 22 potential trigger/gate sources, before you start making more out of kinks, which is plenty :) A switchable OR bus is very useful thing to combine rhythmic sequences

The percall was removed here is the latest incarnation:

ModularGrid Rack

p.s. Sorry for hijacking your thread to rant about mixers. I think I meant to post in a different thread :-/

It was helpful for me. Since I am thinking of this as a groovebox and my initial need was just to get the collection of sounds to some headphones I just assumed slap a mixer in to mix down to stereo. I didn't consider the big gap in price and value between a module and outboard. Nor was I giving much thought to the needs of live performance mixing or keeping things separate when recording until the last moment. I still have a mixer in there for my immediate need of simple monitoring but now I know down the road I will eventually need an outboard mixer.

-- the-erc