I see no (harsh) criticism - I just see facts - sometimes these are hard for us to deal with - possibly lost in translation

You said:

whilst the pico system seems to be a reasonably well specc'ed system - there are drawbacks - the main one being that the individual modules (yes I know there's only 1 panel in the system) are all very small - usually best sandwiched between 2 bigger modules so that there is space to get to the control and the jacks and in this case they are sandwiched between 2 modules the same size they are

If someone is looking at the Pico, they are already well aware its a small system with tiny modules - some of us are OK with that or even prefer it - don't have a problem with tiny modules / knobs.

Also you said:

so your re-sale market is starters who particularly want to get trapped with these modules

Why would you be "trapped" ? Like no-one would possibly want to buy a small modular to learn on? Yes, its a beginner system, to learn on, but that's OK that's the point. The OP mentioned he already has a bunch of synths so at least he has some knowledge he can use. There are plenty if videos out there of people patching this - hopefully the OP has watched some.

But my main point is I've been in that position as a beginner and coming to forums like this can be intimidating and its all too easy to dampen enthusiasm or turn people off.