Thank you for your reply. That's the question I was dreading! It's quite open. Electro/jungle-ish dream pop, with plenty of soundscape possibilities but that can sound good when really minimal too? Think Kate Bush, Caterina Barbieri, Lee Scratch Perry, Cocteau Twins, Portishead, A Guy Called Gerald, Quasimoto, Jane Siberry, object blue, 90s pirate radio jungle... I also want the modular to be able to surprise me, a capacity I've always liked about the sampler as an instrument. I want to experiment with things like using loads of Erthenvar outputs simultaneously; using my Delaydelus to sample the rack's output then feeding it back in, and whatever else I can think of. I improvise and play around a lot. My previous musical background is making music with samplers/bass-station/effects and singing in an improvising group. I will be wanting to use vocals, both sampled and recorded separately. But I just love playing with musical boxes.

The whole rack outputs into the Delaydelus 2, which as well as being a fun sampler has a really great delay on it, and that goes into my speakers. Waiting for a TASCAM 8-track, then I'll be able to record.

I realised I've probably posted this thread too soon and should spend at least a few weeks with my setup as is so I can identify what works and what doesn't. I ordered another Takaab SMIX, so two of them can take up to 14 outputs from Erthenvar, and also a MI Links which just looks really useful, so that will be the first two rows filled and when Disting EX arrives I'll either have to swap something out or start a third row. This is what it looks like right now (bottom row doesn't physically exist, it's there to hold my DFAM and modules on order).

ModularGrid Rack