Right...and the interesting thing is, people tend to neglect these sorts of modules because they're not quite as 'sexy' as others. True, LFOs, logic, comparators and the like don't tend to make sounds in of themselves, but what they can do in the process of using a modular as a fully-integrated instrument...that's where they get damned interesting, indeed! Many of my larger-scale test builds on here devote half or more of the instrument to these various control and modulation functions; you don't need a lot of noisemakers to...well, make noise, but if you want those noises to behave in elaborate and amazing ways, you have to deal with the 'unsexy' parts and build in accordingly massive scales. I've gone literally so far in this, myself, that I acquired many years back some salvaged analog computers. The idea with those is to modify them (they operate in the +/- 100v range, I'm planning to have that hardwire-attenuated down to +/- 10v at suitable outputs), then using all three, build a single fully-operational machine with two fully-restored 'program panels'. Even with just ten opamps, these should still be capable of rudimentary chaotic-function calculations such as Lorenz attractors, oscillator patterns such as Lotka-Volterra curves, and so forth. Technically, these can be done on a modular synth as well, but synth modules don't tend to have sufficiently open architecture to allow the user to directly get at the opamp internals on the same scale, so it's actually a bit more difficult there.