Veils is more or less the same thing as the Intellijel minus the boost circuit and plus $10 more. Either would work for the same functions, though.

Hmmm...MakeNoise's Contour only really appears to give you CV over the attack and decay and not the sustain and release. Instead, I'd prefer having full CV control. Look at Tiptop's offering, though...all parameters under CV, plus onboard attenuverter and CV offset, only $25 more, same space.

Always get as much as possible under CV control when you can; even if it seems like you'd think 'when would I use that?'...sure enough, you'll find yourself in a situation where you'd like to have that functionality.

Power...see what you can make do with at present. But at the same time, if your total current load approaches 3/4ths of your power supply's presumed capacity, then take steps to increase your power capabilities. I don't advocate pushing a power supply right up to its limit as I've seen amateur radio switching supplies get flaky as the current draw would approach maximum, and those tend to be lots higher amperage on both capacity and draw (plus lots more variable in current fluctuation). It's best to assume that when your synth is up and running that the draw isn't going to be 100% level all the time, just like modulation peaks on some transmitters for ham radio can alter the draw of those components. Always overspec on power...always; there's nothing wrong with having too much amperage capability, but there sure as hell IS when you're suddenly discovering there's not enough! Not fun!