Again, thanks for the tips.

Question:
Do I need a module to amplify (gain) the audio from my synths if I want to input it into a Eurorack module (i.e. a filter)? The output of my Korg Monologue, for example, is as loud as the headphone out (I tested). How does headphone level volume compare to modular level?

Off topic
I live near The Hague, in The Netherlands. In the eighties there were two very good and famous music stores here and they had a shop in the center of the city. They were Servaas and Rock Palace. The first closed shop in 1994 (wow! has it been that long? I'm getting F-ing elderly!) the second became Key Music a few years ago and is closed now. Like some of you said: when it became Key Music the personnel that studied or worked in the music biz disappeared and buffons who insult your intelligence were placed behind the counter. Modularsynthesizers.nl oficially resides at Lulofsstraat 55 in The Hague (they're not open to the public). I know where that is, never occured to me though.

There also was a very, very nice store in Rotterdam (not in the center though) that became Key Music and then went bust/disappeared. Went there a few times w/ public transportation to look around and bought stuff there. They had a big classic car in the middle of the store. If you know how to read Dutch (or if Google translate can make something readable out of it) then there's a saddning article of its downwfall after it became Key Music here. See picture below.

Key Music Rotterdam, R.I.P.

I'm afraid that nowadays we're bound to reviewers and sound snippets on Yuotube to "test" and "listen" to musical instruments.

BTW
Luckily AJH Synth modules can be bought in "regular" web shops like Thomann etc. Second hand might still be an option, however: I fear that shipping from outside The Netherlands (even if it's in the EU) is gonna be so expensive that what I save is little. Some sources say I even have to pay VAT (which is a whopping 21% in Holland) if I buy second hand from Great Britan or the US. I might have a look around though in the Dutch synthesizer forum: they sell a lot of stuff 2nd hand there too.

I asked Bax Music about one of the modules that I like. They don't disclose their mail address on their website anymore (deal breaker for me) and I can see that they haven't read the mail, or replied to it, yet.