https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2258232.jpg

Hi all !

Sorry for my bad english. With respect, I'm very.interested to this topic because I like dark.ambient.
First, please consider the large part of dark ambient musicians plays with software. Never seen one of them plays with modular synths (maybe Nordvargr with his Serge synth). Anyway, I suggest you don't waste your time and money with René, sequencers, envelopers and any rhythmically-based gears. Go straight to 3 units:
sampler,
effects (reverb, delay),
LFO.
First of all, Morphagene, if you can afford it. Dark ambient is based to sampling. From the field recording sessions to the minimalistic details.
Also, you need effects of course, in particular reverb and delay (and a bit of distortion too). Eurorack effect modules costs very much but you can solve better with a pedal interface module, like ADDAC 200PI, to connect pedals and stompboxes that you can manipulate in real time. In my modest opinion, reverb pedals like DBA Rooms, Strymon xSky, Eventide and the more cheaper Walrus, Blackhole, Boss, all of them give you more better performance then all the various eurorack pumped monikers.
LFO. You can go with every module you want, you have Batumi and it's perfect.
These are the fundamental ones you need.
About all the rest (more sound sources and modulations) you can go with everything you want.
Hope it could be useful.

refuse-resist