There are quite a few VCAs that can amplify but are basically clean until the amplified signal hits a ceiling of 10V or thereabouts, so I don't think the overdrive in the Tallin is a natural function of it being an amplifier, rather it's something they specifically built into the module. I see people make the claim that "most VCAs just attenuate" sometimes, but that hasn't been my experience in Eurorack. I think almost any VCA that isn't strictly linear is going to be capable of amplification, and even some of the linear ones can amplify to a degree if the control voltage is high enough.

As far as other VCAs that do some type of overdrive or distortion, my first thought is tube VCAs like the Metasonix RK2 for example. Abyss Devices Saevitus and Synthetic Sound Labs Tube VCA/Timbral Gate are a couple others that come to mind. But if you search MG for "Tube VCA" you'll find quite a few. Aside from Tube VCAs I know Expert Sleepers makes a JFET-based VCA, "Persephone" that can be used to overdrive the input signal as well.