Hi HGsynth,

Yes, by times I start always using the same approach however I don't mind to let go an (old) idea and start with a totally different approach. So on average I think that keeps things in balance. Once and awhile (especially when I am lazy) I start with the same (start-) setup and then evolve from there the patch however also on regularly basis I start with completely something new, never done before so to speak. Especially when I get a few new modules, I like to try a complete new approach and take it from there.

To summarise this: it really depends on a per case situation, sometimes that, sometimes something else :-)

If you recognise already the fact that you always start with the O_c as your starting point, then one day when you want to do a complete new patch, "forbid yourself" to use the O_c in the upcoming new patch and just try something completely new not remotely related and close to your usual O_c approach. Dare to try something else, and you will see after a few times you forgot you have an O_c ;-)

Have fun with the patching and try things you never tried before, don't care about the result, if it doesn't satisfy you then try again from scratch, till you find something that surprises you and you like, keep then that kind of creative approach in mind and try that approach in a similar but different way! :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads