Banged on this for a hot minute...
ModularGrid Rack
Now, this uses an Intellijel Palette 104...very portable (they've got Palette gig bags) in which I was able to put some basic but important devices. Sorry, Jim...no extra VCFs, but there's plenty of the other stuff...

The top 1/2 row is Intellijel's utility buss, which not only has your power, but three buffered mults, a dual adder, four 1/4" jacks, and a MIDI I/O that we're not using in this exact build, but it could be helpful later on.

Tile row starts with a Temps Utile, which does some of what Pam's does but which also offers internal sequencing. This one's also outfitted with four attenuvertable CV ins. The QuadrATT serves as your mixer/attenuator/polarizer for CVs. Then there's a pair of FX send/return modules which can use the 1/4" I/O jacks for their send and return lines. And lastly, a Dual VCA lets you control two channels of amplitude (such as the FX loop outs) via modulation sources.

The 3U row works like this: I swapped in a Buchla SOU, then there's a little Erica quantizer for the T_u's sequencer channel or to create tesselations from the Maths by clocking the quantizer and changing CV outs per clock step. Next, Maths, and then there's a Veils that gives you four VCAs with variable response curves, which lets you use these for either CV or audio as needed. The Zadar/Nin combo gives you four envelopes, then your Moddemix and Morphagene. And last is a stereo audio mixer that can be used to sum the previous two to stereo...or anything else audio-wise that needs to go through there for audio summing.

It's still a small, portable build...but much more capable with the extra space and tile row.