I was, especially your post with your rack in it - everything else is DIY - so frugality seems to be
important to you - which is the opposite of racking a semi - I like DIY 1/2 my racks are DIY!
-- JimHowell1970

Hehe. I actually recently retired from 31 years in software management at Apple so frugality is not one of my hallmark characteristics. Being a slob and loving to build stuff from scratch my entire life is, which is why so much looks (and is) DIY.

Muxlicer build video - much better idea... non-controversial - did you buy a kit or source your
own components?

For a company like Befaco I find that they provide high quality parts and I buy their full set. Some others (I won't mention names) use really poor quality parts, or parts that don't actually fit (very aggravating) so I buy the PCB and panel and dd my own parts from my bench stock or buy from Mouser, AmplifiedParts, Thonk, or others.

the correct sized part is TME and not mouser! - TME is where befaco buy their components >from... found out after!

Yeah, Befaco is interesting. Has anyone ever found out why their circuit board traces have curves and curly bits vs. the relatively straight traces everyone else uses? I've asked them with no response....

can we rate you compared to SynthDIYGuy? extra points for swearing, self-deprecating humour, >burning yourself, desoldering accidents etc etc! he gets nil points for any of those - so you might >be on a winner!

Rate away. I have evolved over my life from "smartass kid" to "overbearing know-it-all" to my now current "grumpy old man" personas, and it's all fun.

Want to see extreme DIY? Here's a snapshot of my testing rack in my workshop, truly a lashup.
shoprack