apparently the build quality is very good, but...

Rings is notoriously hard to tune - even with full size pots & knobs - the trimmers that are used on the micro clones are very poor in terms of precision - so if being able to tune the module is important to you - and it may not be - then I'd steer clear

things to think about

reduced size = poor ergonomics & eurorack is already on the 'small side' - personally I prefer bigger modules with full size knobs - all my mutable modules are full size - either originals or DIY versions

support the original designer where possible = whilst micro cloning is not completely without effort, the much more effort went into the original design - not only the hardware, but the firmware

support = can't comment on support from cloners, but Emilie is fantastic at support!

price = are you really saving that much - mostly it seems to be a good night out on the beer... so in the big scheme of things it doesn't seem like that big a deal to buy an original to me over a cheaper clone, especially if originals are still available!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities