Appreciate the reply. It's nice to have feedback as I'm kind of making this up based on youtube videos and a history of signal processing in JavaScript.

Couple of followups, if you don't mind:

I agree that Data is educational and useful (I have one myself for those reasons) but you can't really afford the space. I would suggest Pam's New Workout, which gives you clocks and a whole lot more.

If I were to upgrade to a larger case, would you still suggest Pam's New Workout instead of Data? I've been under the impression that I would need to buy a clock - probably PNW - eventually but thought for my early explorations Data would get me where I'm going.

Quadrax instead of Quadra.

Is this a functionality suggestion, or am I misunderstanding what I'm going to get out of the Quadra?

I wouldn't choose Plaits and STO but you know the sound you're looking for. Maybe consider Dixie II+ instead of STO.

My thought is to have a fairly basic oscillator just so I can better understand what I'm doing. Would a Dixie II+ accomplish that? (What I really want Akemie's Castle but think I need to earn my way to that...)

Edit: you're going to need VCAs if you want to use those envelopes to shape sounds.

I had Veils in here but I pulled it out thinking the 1U Quadratt up top would handle things. Am I misunderstanding? Guessing that would be the justification for the bigger case.

Thanks!