shifty will not give you paraphony!!! it is a shift register - 1 cv and 1 gate in, for example, when the gate goes high and there are no notes in the system the note will be sent to output 1, when the gate goes high again the original note will be moved to output 2 and the new note (whatever is at the cv input) will be sent to output 1, when the gate goes high again the original note will be sent to output 3 etc

the last iteration looks better - I think it's a really good idea to ditch the paraphony at least in a 1st case - in order to reduce complexity - if you still want polyphony/paraphony then you may find a digital polyphonic keyboard works quite well alongside a modular

dtm (which you keep calling by it's old name before moog sued - cp3) is a mixer not a filter

I don't think it's a great idea to think in such rigid terms about what things do... rings has some great bass tones in it... and I'm sure those instruo modules can do some nice leads!

if you are going to use a keytep pro as your primary 'way to play' then you might find you don't need a midi->cv module...

I'd go slowly though and pick 4 or 5 of the modules that you think would play well together and get those to start with adn learn them inside out before getting anymore - you will probably change 30%+ of what you have here once you

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities