Hi folks,

Good news, I'm making enough learning progress on my modular setup to be able to find some real nice timbral sweet spots, such as in the complex oscillators like Make Noise DPO and other complex generators.

Makes me wonder, let's say I find 4 good "sweet spots" for a given patching, what are elegant ways of going from "sweet spot" 1,2,3,4 with switching, sequencing, morphing, etc.? For example if I have a setup involving FM and find a couple different settings giving me good (but different) FM timbres, what's the elegant / efficient way to move between those settings in a patch setup? Obviously I don't want to do stuff by hand all the time because I can't perform that fast or accurately enough.

And of course, some timbral "sweet spots" may rely on 2+ input settings, such as pitch plus FM depth. So I would need to be able to manage changing multiple input values. On the DPO it would be easy to imagine wanting to change pitch, FM depth, and the wavefolder settings, for example, to go from "sweet spot" 1 to 2 to 3, etc.

Is there a good way to satisfy this "setting and switching between sweet spots" task in modular? Feel free to recommend techniques, patching and/or specific modules.

Thanks everyone!

Nicholas